GM TPI tips for a newbie

Charles Brooks cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net
Thu Jan 14 01:20:23 GMT 1999

TPIS says the only difference between the 5.0 and 5.7 TPI motors
is the chip in the ECU (Same ECU even). If this is true the intake
should be good for 400HP. I do expect more from this motor but
I'm willing to give up a little peak HP for a flatter torque curve
and better gas mileage. If the intake proves to be TOO restrictive
well, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm not sure which ECU it is (I haven't taken posession of
everything yet) but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience
with the 1985 5.0 Camaro TPI system? If so can you point me
toward info on it?

Thanks,

Charles Brooks