GM TPI tips for a newbie

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 14 02:11:22 GMT 1999

Charles Brooks wrote:

> I'm not sure which ECU it is (I haven't taken posession of
> everything yet) but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience
> with the 1985 5.0 Camaro TPI system? If so can you point me
> toward info on it?

Well, not but three or four days ago, I posted about the 1985 5.0 TPI
Camaro ECM that I have (with TPI system). Here's a cut-paste from my
email from last week...

<paste>

I appreciate all the responses! OK, here's some more info. Peter, I
found that number you gave in Ludis' archives, and thought I might have
been mistaken, but the bar code sticker on the metal cover has the
number 16052541 on it :-/ The bar code sticker on the PCB inside has
"255001205585161"

OK, for the PROM information - I see "HLK" and "2315" on it. Reason I'm
asking... I *think* this came from a TPI305, but we want to use it on a
TPI350. I was hoping for a quick EPROM burn, but if I can't cross ref
it, I don't know if it'll take a standard available .bin or not :)

<endsnip>

I'm going to copy the 305 EPROM to a file tomorrow. Just for my archives
- I may be selling the system soon... I'm personally going to be working
with a 1989 L98 TPI system (165 ECM)... Thinking about following up with
the 730 Sy/Ty ECM test with a bench, then the motor ;)

Regards,

Andrew