Intel 80C51GB

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Thu Jan 14 02:24:43 GMT 1999

Indeed the 80C51GB is no longer made, however, Richar Quass wrote in a
recent posting:
	It appears that a number of them would be available till Dec'99. I was
	looking at the 80c552, it may have some possibilities.
I purchased a few of them from Allied Electronics 800-433-5700, but that
was a while ago.  They cost about $17 each for the version with 8K OTP
memory.  As I mention in the README file, it makes sense to upgrade the
circuit to use a currently made chip.  The Phillips 87C552 seems to fit the
bill quite well, and may even have some advantages.  Furthermore, there may
even be some better chips out there this year (like some with flash memory
built in that can hold the program flash memory update routines (read the
README about FLOAD and this will make sense).  It's great to see so many
people working on this project.

			Al