Factory Instrument Panels

Scott Feaver sfeaver at cgocable.net
Thu Jan 14 02:55:01 GMT 1999

After looking over the circuits used on both tachs, I came to the conclusion
that the only difference was the capactor in the RC network.  On the
4-cylinder model, it was a .47uF cap, and the V6 one has a .33uF.  I just
swapped that part over to the turbo tach and all was well :)

The redline on the Turbo was 6000, on the V6 tach, it "orange-lines" at
5500, but red starts at 6000.  Max engine speed (as limited by the ecm) is
6200rpm.

Thanks everyone for their help.

One thing that I noted is, the resistor network was identical on both
boards.  And the circuit is very close to the one in the tech note from
National.