GM TPI tips for a newbie

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 04:46:00 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/13/99 8:05:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
alaint at cgocable.ca writes:

<< Subj:	 Re: GM TPI tips for a newbie
 Date:	1/13/99 8:05:57 PM Pacific Standard Time
 From:	alaint at cgocable.ca (Alain Toussaint)
 Sender:	owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 Reply-to:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 To:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu (DIY_EFI Fuel Injection List)

 > I don't think a 5.0 intake will flow enough air to feed a 406.  That
 > will be your major restriction.  There are aftermarket (ACCEL) intake
 > manifolds that should flow the required amounts but aren't cheap.

 possible suggestion here is to extrude hone the intake and enjoy the
 torque,ummm....i wonder if the intake has enough meat so the extrude hone
 process don't go through the intake ???

 Alain

In my opinion the best scenario(if you have the ambition) would be to get the
90-92 tpi harness from Painless Wiring, buy the software from Turbo Shop for
the 7730 processor, and start tuning....you will need of course the eprom
burner and erasure...also a reasonable scanner and a way to monitor the
Air/Fuel Ratio.....if you really want to learn something this will be fun and
at alot of times frustrating....clue yourself into Bruce's 101 stuff...it will
be very helpful...and also the group here is also a good source of good
advise, as we all started somewhere....hth's
-Carl Summers