Factory Instrument Panels

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Jan 14 17:54:43 GMT 1999

diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:

> Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com> wrote:
> >
> > > (L4 vs V6, US vs Canada, non-backlit vs
> > > backlit, w/ oil gauge vs w/ volt gauge vs w/ no gauge)
> >
> > Yeah, I'm still trying to convert metric RPM into standard RPM.
>
> Oil pressure in psi versus oil pressure in KPa's (for models with the
> oil pressure gauge in the tach.)  Yes it's silly.
>
> --
> Ludis Langens                               ludis (at) cruzers (dot) com
> Mac, Fiero, & engine controller goodies:  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/

Silly?  Imagine the technician's shock when he ordered a temp gauge
for an Anerican Olds Cutlass, only to find out that GM makes a metric
part for replacement.  And that the parts books don't mention it, but
GM automatically ships the metric part no. gauge out when the standard
gauge is ordered. Then try telling the customer that.  Good old GM.
Shannen