O2 bung brazing/welding?

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Fri Jan 15 03:37:19 GMT 1999

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:18:58 -0800 Ross Corrigan <zxv at istar.ca> writes:
>I'm going to need an O2 bung installed in my exhaust right below my
header,
>is this something I can just drill out my exhaust and 'braze' the bung
on?
>I have no welding/brazing etc experience but wouldn't mind
>learning.......

A muffler shop can do it cheaply.  If you want to weld it, I would
suggest practicing on something equally thin before you try.  It's easy
to blow a hole through exhaust piping.

>gonna need it for my 4Di and EGO sensor I've rallied the parts for

If you want a looooong description of my experience of adding the 4Di
system to a Jeep, send me mail direct.

>thanks in advance
>
>(not directly efi I guess but I'm sure you guys can answer this...)
>
>PS still looking for a fine deal on a 486 notebook w/ modem and working
>battery...

You don't need a modem for the 4Di system - just an RS232 port.  Also,
the minimum system requirements for the 4Di software is a 286 with EGA
video.  I ended up buying a 486 DX2/50 and it is plenty fast.  I paid
around $300.00 for it (used) about a year ago.  You should be able to get
one for less now.

Also, I power it with the standard 110V transformer and a cheap ($20.00)
inverter.  The battery doesn't last long enough to suit me.

Ray Drouillard
'89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
AMC 360, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3" exhaust system, RV cam, Jacobs
Omni-Magnum, Holley Pro-Jection 4Di