No welding needed for O2 sensor mounting

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Fri Jan 15 18:43:27 GMT 1999

As part of the ECU6 project, we needed to develop a way for the average
backyard mechanic to securely mount the EGO (Exhaust Gas Oxygen) sensor to an
exhaust pipe without welding.  The result was the development of a remarkable
clamp-on bracket that has been working flawlessly for over a year on the test
vehicle.  I will try to post a picture and/or plans to the ECU6 project page
(http://members.aol.com/ALIPPER/ )
 within the next couple of weeks.  Naturally, you do need to drill a hole in
the exhaust pipe, and making the mounting clamp requires some metal work, but
it's the sort of things someone with a metal shop can make a couple of in under
an hour.

                                Al

Al Lipper
efi at cardozo.org