555 EFI

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Sat Jan 16 07:55:15 GMT 1999

Picture an op-amp with the non-iverting input connected to pin 6 and the
inverting input connected to pin 5.  Pin 5 is also connected to a resistor
divider network that pulls it to 2/3 Vcc.  There is probably a symbolic
view on one of the semiconductor manufacturers sites.  I'm looking at the
cover of two different books that show this configuration.

The 2/3 reference point can be yanked around to where you want by using
pin 5.  It can also affect the 1/3 reference for pin 2.

The pin numbers above assume the 8 pin package.

If you can't find an online reference, or it's still not clear, I could
probably try some ascii art to show the configuration.

Tom