555 EFI

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jan 16 14:39:15 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Clarence L.Snyder <clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, January 16, 1999 12:36 AM
Subject: Re: 555 EFI

snip

>What do I connect to pin 5, through what, to control this?

To just play with it a simple voltage divider of a pot and some resistors.

 On the info I
>have, this is the BYPASS pin and is tied to ground through a small cap
>to despike. How do I use it to control pulse width? What degree of
>adjustment is possible from this pin?

If you went to both extremes <2/3v, and v then 0-100%

>Another question -
>What percentage pulse width change would be required from the >MAP or TPS
input? What percentage from  engine temperature, >assuming these were the
only inputs you were going to use other >than the trigger (tach sync)?

The percentages will vary depending on application.  ie, by example,
a 460 CID, FE Ford is alot more cold blooded then a 1.6L 4 cylinder,
16 valve DOHC..

If you hunt around for various software demos, for some of the aftermarket
ecms you could read those tables, for a general idea.
When I get things a bite closer to bench running it, I'll be bench
running a oem calibration that is similiar to what my target engine
is, and then comparing that data.
Bruce