TCC switch & questions.....

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Sat Jan 16 21:28:15 GMT 1999

Everything stock, transmission & converter-wise.  The converter locks *once* @ WOT during each 1/4 mile run - "stock", its @ about 95mph, 4th gear; with the switch, its soon after the 1-2 shift.  I can't see a problem w/ merely choosing the point in the run at which the lockup occurs - it happens anyway.   Aren't changing anything absolute here, just relative.

>FIRST TRUE LAW OF TUNING, Assume nothing, and doument
>everything.  Ya wanna play with shift points, first get a G-Tech, and
>Diacom+,

Agree completely - I use the GTech & MPSI 9000 (poor man's Diacom) - it records 1/4 mile runs in their entirety, capturing *alternate* frames.  Not the best accuracy for this reason, but I'm working on a gadget to hook up to a PC to get every frame captured.  Theory first, then see if it works as expected in practice.

>SECOND TRUE LAW RULE OF TUNING, speed costs money,.....

Money and TIME, if you do your own repairs of broken stuff!

All of this is just bench racing at this point, as SW Michigan is *not* conducive to doing any runs @ the present time - can't find a clear road anywhere!  Anxiously awaiting springtime - words of wisdom - don't buy a SY in the depths of winter.  Most mods at this point are safety-related, i.e., boost gauge, FP gauge, trans cooler and such.  Have to wait till the weather breaks to do the tuning stuff.

>Cheers
>Bruce

Tata - Barry