Schematic symbol for zero crossing detector

Scott Schaaf sschaaf at ERINet.com
Sun Jan 17 13:41:33 GMT 1999

Ludis Langens wrote:

> I wish to create a schematic symbol for a chip which contains a zero
> crossing detector.  Instead of just a black box, I'd like to make the
> functionality obvious with a mini-schematic of a zero crossing detector.
>
> The detector functions as follows:  If the input voltage is much below
> zero, or much above zero, the digital output is "low".  If the input
> voltage is close to zero, the output is "high".  This is different than
> a simple comparator checking against zero volts.
>
> Is there a standard symbol for this?  It could be drawn/built with two
> comparators but the input would need lots of resistor biasing because
> there is no negative power supply.
>
> --
> Ludis Langens                               ludis (at) cruzers (dot) com
> Mac, Fiero, & engine controller goodies:  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/

There IS a symbol for this,,, I think I have one at work.  If I can find
it, I will scan and send it to you.    If you look in Digi-Key, or
Newark catalogs, I think you might find a print of one in the
specialized I.C. area.

					Scott...