TCC switch & questions.....

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Sun Jan 17 19:46:59 GMT 1999

Bruce -

Thanks for the detailed explanation; I get the picture now, and agree w/ what you said.  Think I'll drop the TCC lockup, as this vehicle's my daily transportation, not a race machine.

As an afterthought, how about interrupting the ignition circuit, i.e., killing the engine for maybe 50msec, whilst the TCC's locking up?  Might be pretty hard to time accurately, but the clutch would essentially lock under no active engine load; there'd still be the inertia of the converter and a speed mismatch between the engine crankshaft & trans input shaft, but should be a lot easier on all components involved.  Probably not worth the effort ITO lower ETs, but would ease the situation, even w/ the factory applied lockup in 4th gear.

Just a thought - thanks again - Barry