Pingin'

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Mon Jan 18 04:15:35 GMT 1999

>Hmmm.... is that why they recommend that you put some motor oil into the
>gasoline if you intend to run a multifuel (or diesel) engine on gasoline?
>
>I remember that the Army "deuce-and-a-half" 2 1/2 ton 6x6 truck had a
>multifuel engine.  Someone said that it has a throttle plate, but I never
>actually got into one of them.
>
>Ray

First thought is that it would keep the injector pump a whole lot
happier--but it darn sure would raise the cetane rating of the gasoline
too!!

Speaking of multi fuel motors--lemme mention the old Scout 800 short cab I
used to have, with a 196 cid four, with the (supposedly) export only
pistons and head--6.5 : 1 compression, but a REALLY sweet combustion
chamber design--guess it was designed to run on Pemex' (Mexico's) worst!!
It's favorite fuel mixture was  70% #2 diesel/ 30% unleaded regular. Ran
like STINK on it!! (Kinda always made me wonder how much boost it wouldda
stood----!! (On decent fuel!)

Regards, Greg