96 ford powerstroke

Marti southpaw at magiclink.com
Mon Jan 18 16:28:50 GMT 1999

jq wrote:

> anyone have a solution for a
> problem with a rough idle?
> Ford has no idea!
>
> also, has anyone found a good
> performance chip?

I had a similar problem, also loss of smoothness and power at hard
throttle only when fully warm.  I was about to try playing with
modifying the oil temp signal to the ECU (the PS uses oil temp, not
coolant to set parameters) but sold the truck before I got around to it.

I have also heard that oil foaming (since engine oil at high pressure is
what actuates the injectors) is the culprit.

Don't have the URL any longer but search for 'Jason's Powerstroke Web
Page'.  This is a very well put together message board, and includes
tech tips.

Mike Jones