GM TPI tips for a newbie

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 18 16:29:43 GMT 1999

"Guenther,Max" wrote:

> The proms are programed in a large group of numbers and addresses in
> hex.  I have no idea which values go with which function or how the maps
> are arranged.  I have been looking for books on the subject but have not
> found any which go any further than "try buying a performance prom".

Well, allow me to jump in. I've been doing this for, oh, about week now
(yup, I'm a newbie too). What I found helpful was to go all over the
DIY-EFI web site - the archives, the Incoming FTP files, **Programming
101**, Tuning Tips, Ludis' info, downloaded 90% of the files in the ftp
incoming section, playing with Promedit (with gnuplot), Promgrammer
(from the syty.org site), GMER, many of the .bin files from the ftp,
etc... Just getting my feet wet. No, I'm no expert, but everyone's gotta
start somewhere, right? So far, I haven't found the "instant revelation"
page, but I think the info's all there, just takes some time for
assimilation...

Dig, dig, dig...

-Andrew