ECU6 development help

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Tue Jan 19 00:44:27 GMT 1999

Good questions:
I originally had the system running on a Blue Earth Research micro-440e.
The problems I ran into were: 1) It didn't have enough memory because part
of it's address space was used for memory mapped components and 2) It
needed an external PC board with specialized hardware driver and input
filtering components.  It only takes another 5 or 6 chips (costing about
$35 total) and it becomes a self-contained ECU.  The interface board had
enough components on it that the proto-board version would have been far
easier to build (and have work reliably) if it were a PC board.  The design
can certainly be adapted to batch-fire injectors.

At the moment, we have a few people who are working on hardware
refinements, but still need someone who is a sharp 8051 programmer (esp.
someone who's familiar with the Phillips derivatives).  I think that if we
all work together, we should have an updated PC board layout ready to build
in a month or two.

			Al
Al Lipper
efi at cardozo.org