Electronic timing advance

HADJIASLANIS ARIS 1260 800 aris at exmail.panafon.gr
Tue Jan 19 01:01:10 GMT 1999

Bruce,
	I was overwhelmed by the response of these people as to where I
can look, and I will do so the moment I find a bit of time (dont forget
Christmas is over).
But to reply to your question, ideally I would like to find a ready made
unit, small enough to hide in the engine compartment (remember classic
car engine compartments must look "original").
In fact, going back to my electronics engineering years, I can "see"
what I am looking for in the form of a tiny 8751 based PCB with one
optical trigger input and a single transistor driver output emulating a
contact breaker. Add to this a converter to drive the 5 volts chip and
enough EMC protection and presto!!!
Concerning firmware, the necessary code (including watch dog functions
etc.) would easily be small enough to fit the on chip EPROM (or OTP). In
fact the whole thing would look strikingly similar to this "Injector
pulse width monitor" project I have been reading about the last few
weeks here!
Not withstanding my forthcoming search in the web, what I have come
across until now is either too big or too cumbersome or an overkill.

Best regards
Aris