555 EFI

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Tue Jan 19 02:55:31 GMT 1999

This sounded like fun so I decided to play with it some, at least on
paper. I have a question, though. What's the range of adjustment due
to CTS, and what does that adjustment look like? I'm thinking that
at "warm" temp or above, there is no adjustment, and below that temp,
the pulse width gets multiplied by some value. The colder the temp,
the larger the value. What would that max value be, though? 1.1?
1.5? 2.0?  In other words, how much of a % difference does coolant
temp make in the pulse width? I'm thinking it's 50-100%, which means
I have to put it at a different place in my circuit.

>Okay, who's gonna be the first one to say it would be easiear to skip all
>the op-amps and use a PIC and some code?  ;)

Hah! You beat me to it. This is more fun though. ;)

Also a nod to whoever pointed out that this is "just" D-Jetronic, I
was thinking exactly that myself. ;)

Anyway I'll try to get the circuit drawing into some format that
other people might be able to look at.

   Chris C.