8051

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Tue Jan 19 18:31:37 GMT 1999

Wayne,
	It's good to hear that someone with your experience is interested in the
project.  The amound of assembly work is minimal - perhaps trivial for an
experienced programmer (especially one who's worked with Intel and Phillips
parts before).  I would guess a few evenings would do it for the critical
stuff.  Essentially, we need interrupt service routines (ISR) and an
initialization routine converted from the Intel 80C51GB to the Phillips
80C552.  There are two main ISRs.  The first measures the suration between
ignition pulses (using a capture/compare) and save this as a 2-byte value,
at the same time, it fires the injectors.  The second reads a 2-byte value
representing the injector on-time (pulse width) turns off the injectors
after that time has elapsed.  Otherwise, there are some odd routines like
initializing ports and reading the A/D converter (to mirror it into bytes
accessible by the main program).  All the routines are in EFI02.ASM - maybe
you can take a look at it and get an idea of what's involved.  This is the
really important stuff.

In addition, we also need a flash-memory upload program (FLOAD.ASM) to be
adapted to work with the new 5v Flash memory we'll be using, a routine is
needed to detect rapid throttle movement (and return values indicating its
position and rate of change) and finally, something to detect if ignition
pulses have stopped (the engine isn't running).

If you can help with any of it, that would be great.  Thanks.

				Al

Al Lipper
efi at cardozo.org
http://members.aol.com/ALIPPER/