DFI info

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Jan 19 18:49:59 GMT 1999

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Mike Pitts wrote:

> The smoother idle of the SEFI system really comes into
> play when you have extremely large injectors, such as
> 83#er's.  Generally these setups are found on race cars
> only.
>
> I think SEFI on the street is more for economy than
> anything else.
>
> -Mike

I am not even sure how much help it gives you with economy.  See the
4th gen camaros.   The 93's where batch fire, and the 94+ are SEFI,
the EPA rating is very similar (maybe +1mpg on the highway), the
horsepower is identical in both.    So I guess if you were constrained
by the EPA and needed to improve mileage 1mpg then it is reasonable,
but I would not thinkg that would really be enough to interest most
of us.

					Roger