DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Thu Jan 21 17:12:29 GMT 1999

It becomes hard for the pressure that gets back into the fuel system, ie,
14lbs of boost will change the flow as instead of squirting against a
vaccum or light pressure, they now have to overcome what ever the boost is.
Sure boost adjusted regulators will help, but it get difficult to overcome
the dynamics of the pulses of each injector. Think of this if I have a pump
that does injection at 15lbs of fuel pressure and I have 15lbs of boost,
the fuel will not come out of the injector. Multiply this problem with more
open injectors and the fuel rail becomes very hard to regulate.

Sandy