DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Kurek, Larry lkurek at anl.gov
Thu Jan 21 20:29:36 GMT 1999

Ok then....explain how this works to me....

The carbon on the back of the intake absorbs fuel, so it results in a lean
condition? I can see this happening on startup...but what happens when the
carbon is saturated? It WON'T absorb any more fuel, so how does it still
affect fuel ratios? I doubt it is a matter of absorbing fuel when rich, then
releasing it when leaner...and I doubt it would have a significant impact
anyhow.

I think this is one of those urban myths...or is it one of those mechanic
myth things? :)

Larry