DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

James Ballenger ballengerj at sprynet.com
Fri Jan 22 04:47:43 GMT 1999

Greg Hermann wrote:

> There are lots of folks in the industry working on developing ways to make
> efi do these things better. I am working on the same thing as a hobby. When
> I get an engine built, and get some test results, I will share them. But
> some money is definitely going where my mouth is!!! That is so because I
> believe that the above outline of the situation is sound
> engineering/science and I want a better performing engine(s).

    What about the two injector per cylinder arrangement of some company whose
name I have forgotten.  IIRC, they had the first injector fire into the back of
the second injector.  At this point compressed air was shot in to atomize and
build up pressure.  Then the second injector shot a mixture in which 80% or
more was smaller than 10 microns.  Apparently they are already building marine
engines and have deals going with a few auto companies.  Anybody remember that
article or their website?  Btw, I am new here and will be working on a project
to make a sefi 400/455 Pontiac, but don't have a damned clue how to so any help
or suggestions would be great.

James Ballenger