water injection But preturbo

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Jan 23 00:49:03 GMT 1999

>> in the exhaust?? correct me if I'm wrong but if you injected water ( not
>> much) it turns into steam ( around 700X volume increase { foggy where i
>
>Bob the computer guy suggested it, I tried it, and under
>certain circumstances, you get more boost.  If, and only if
>the headers are extremely hot, as in lots of high power
>usage at high RPMs.  Once the headers cool off (i.e. idling
>for a while), there seems to be no effect, and you crack
>your headers.  Did this successfully.  Stainless headers
>didn't crack though, once we upgraded.
>

>--
>Frederic Breitwieser
>Bridgeport, CT 06606
>
>http://www.xephic.dynip.com
>1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
>1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
>1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab
>2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)

Water into the exhaust has the same effect as making the A/R ratio
smaller--It will make a turbo spool faster if the nozzle is big for top
end--but you DO NOT want the water there when you get up to where the
nozzle is correct size. It will only serve to increase the backpressure on
the motor, just as a tighter nozzle would----

Regards, Greg