dual spray injectors

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sat Jan 23 17:12:16 GMT 1999

Depending upon the manifold, it is sometimes difficult or even impossible to
"lay the injector over" to get a good shot along the axis of the head port.
As a consequence, much of the fuel winds up hitting the opposite port/runner
wall.  I've always thought that this is a less than optimal situation, even
though it does work!!

What sticks in my mind though, is if it truly is an inconsequential "thing"
then why have so many OEM's taken so much time and effort to align the spray
axis with the port axis, in most modern EFI engines?   A deflector would
help to replicate this feature, but as Gary pointed out it may also
globularize the fuel and cause other problems.  Oh well :(

Walt.