1999 truck PCM's ROM

Jake Sternberg chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 23 17:14:37 GMT 1999

I have a PCM (powertrain Control Module a.k.a. ECM)
from a 1999 GMC sierra pickup truck.  The connectors
are almost bigger than the circuitboard itself.

Well, anyway.. i have it open, and here's the info
from the flash ROM chip:

Intel
16236995
AB28F400BX
E 5012
U7400142Q
Flash

44 pins

It's a surface mount device, but i plan to solder
little wires to it and to a connector so i can
plug it into my ROM burner (while it's in vivo).

Does anyone have any suggestions or information
as to whether this could be a bad idea or has
anyone done it?  I asked GM for a PCM programmer
kit but surprisingly, they refused to give me one.

Thanks!

-jake  chickens at mail.utexas.edu