Ford IAC

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Sat Jan 23 17:32:36 GMT 1999

Looking for specific information on the IAC used by Ford on its TBI pickups.
We have one in hand and are moving on a project using it.

It appears to be a solenoid operated ( like an injector ) device that opens
closes a shuttle valve.  The amount of time open appears to control the air
flow.

Needed is particulars so we can build a controller.  Namely - coil impedance,
frequency range - pulses per second, and pulse widths.   Any information on
flow rates would also be appreciated.

Its part of the Deviant Dark Sides plans to resurrect old technology, claim it
as our own and become list heroes.

On a similar note,  need an exhaust manifold for Christine - did any year big
car 460 have an oxygen bung built in - hate to weld on in myself.

1963 Ford C-600 Prison Bus Conversion "Home"
1971 Lincoln Continental 460 "Christine"
1972 "Whale" Mustang awaiting transplant
1978 Dodge Long Bed Peeek Up "Bundymobile"

Habaneros - not just for breakfast anymore