Those Holden Bins I uploaded are N.G.

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sat Jan 23 21:54:50 GMT 1999

>That is indeed fascinating. It's interesting...I ran the bin though my HC11
>disassembler and it actually produces meaningful code. The register block
>seems to start at $3000 and at least a few registers appear true-blue HC11.
>
>It's neat: the address space of the PROM straddles the register space and
>there's program code sitting at $1000 and at $5000,  and there's some RAM
>mapped in there too (e.g. $1800). There's some interesting address decoding
>going on here.
>
>BTW, is there a year and engine VIN# for this PROM? 3.8LV6? I figure late
>model...maybe 1995?

I thought I wrote that info up, anyway, it's from a 1994 model Holden
Commodore (no VIN avail), with 5L V8 (Not a 305 Chev), 4spd Auto Trans. I'm
not sure on the PCM numbers but it has 2 plugs, a 24pin and 32pin, larger
than an 808, a P5 maybe?.

I found the checksum is stored at $6006+$6007, add all bytes from $5000 to
$FFFF then subtract bytes $6000 - $6007.

How bout Zipping that disassemble up and sharing?.

Regards

Ross Myers