Cold hesitation

Geoff Richards geoffsue at one.net.au
Tue Jan 26 08:27:16 GMT 1999

Hi to all
would someone be willing to read this data list and help with stalling
problem cold?
This data was read via Tech 1 scan tool on a '93 model Holden
Commodore 3.8l V6 via the 'Snapshot method'
Problem occurs cold when first started and shifted into 'drive' and
throttle applied. After warm
up no problem
The data I have included is only the readings that have changed within the
'Snapshot'
Columns are for time after start

DATA              1 sec                 5 sec                          10
sec

RPM                 1523                 936
468
MAP                 1.01v                 1.41v
3.84
MAP                  29kpa                36kpa
82kpa
TPS                   .47v                    .47v
   .66v
TPS                     0%                    0%
   5%
O2                      1061mv             986mv
310mv
INJ PULSE        6.26ms              6.3ms                         18.09ms
INJ VOLTS        12.6v                  13.4v
12.7v
LTFT                   0                           -6%
     0
LTFT CELL        22                          22
4
LTFT DISABLED
AFR                     8.6:1                    10.3:1
   9.6:1
O2 STATUS         rich                      rich
lean
IAC                     98                             85
         104
SPARK ADV        +24                         +28                         +5

I can see that I'm experiencing a lean condition during this time
via the O2 sensor readings and inj pulse time but cannot work out what is
the cause
I do not understand why the LTFT is changing when it is apparently disabled
Why does MAP go so high ?
Is spark advance pulled down to avoid detonation while lean condition
exists?
Look forward to opinions and advice
TIA
Geoff