Switch Pitch (Caddy 8-6-4)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jan 27 00:56:39 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: AL8001 at aol.com <AL8001 at aol.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: Re: Switch Pitch (Caddy 8-6-4)

gderian at cybergate.net writes:
>< cut>
>> Some tricks like V-8,6,4 were complicated and had many control
>>problems.
><cut>
>>From what I recall, the Caddy V8-6-4 (368 CID ?) wes doomed because of:
>early electronic systems couldn't keep up with the engine.

My recollection, was a poor design done cheaply, hoping later
software would cure a hardware problem, needless to say none
of it worked right.   I still chuckle with the idea of Caddy having VD,
variable displacement.
   To me it was like someone was pulling plug wires off as ya drove.
Some folks thought it was seamless.,,,,,,,,,,
Bruce