Switch Pitch (Caddy 8-6-4)

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 23:58:03 GMT 1999

In a message dated 99-01-26 16:04:46 EST, gderian at cybergate.net writes:
< cut>
> Some tricks like V-8,6,4 were complicated and had many control
>problems.
<cut>

>From what I recall, the Caddy V8-6-4 (368 CID ?) wes doomed because of:

early electronic systems couldn't keep up with the engine.

The engine size was just too small, had they used the system on a 425, 472, or
501 CID engine it may of had a chance.

BTW, the Caddy system used solenoids that pulled circular wedge plates under
the rocker arm bolts.  ( the rocker arms were the single bolt type)  This let
the rockers flop up and down leaving both valves closed.

I'm pretty sure the FI system was TBI.  It was definetly MAP.

Harold