VSS

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Wed Jan 27 14:06:26 GMT 1999

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Mike Pilkenton wrote:
> Could someone tell me what functions the VSS signal might affect in the 92
> 3.1L V6 Camaro ECM.  The motor/ECM came off a manual tranny car and my
> project car application won't have this signal available unless I install an
> aftermarket speed sensor.  Do I need this signal?

Hey Mike. For the long version, check the archives...but
in short...Idle, deceleration enleanment, EGR, and dashpot, I
think. Did I mention idle?  :)  Ya need the signal. The idle
air control (IAC) re-learns its position when you reach
30mph or so.
I installed mine w/o VSS and it was OK (not good, but OK) until
the first time I took out the IAC. Then all heck broke loose
until I installed VSS.
-greg