1999 truck PCM's ROM

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Fri Jan 29 02:06:14 GMT 1999

Jake,
 Last week I removed the two Flash chips from my 95 PCM. It was rather
non-destructive, and I put sockets in there place. I took a piece of copper
foil, and cut a hole in it just larger than the flash chip. I pressed it onto
the board surface to use a a heat protector. I then used a heat gun to remove
the chip. If you email me off list I will give you more detail on the procedure
I used. One of the techs at work who does a lot of Surface mount repair work
showed me the technique.

	Technology is moving forward. The 95 uses two 28F512 chips for a total of 1
meg. yours sounds like a 4 meg version, I thought the number should be 28F040
instead of 28F400. I know the 28F010 is a 1 meg chipm and the 28F020 is a 2 meg
chip.

		Ken