Intake Runner Length

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Jan 29 02:24:03 GMT 1999

IIRC, at least for a hemi head and a round port, David Vizard used to say
0.9 times the diameter of the intake valve head was about right for the
port , throttle, stack, & everything. For a somewhat shrouded valve, and
less efficient port, my guess would be that something less than that would
work best---

Just my $.02

Regards, Greg