EFI Questions

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 13:57:26 GMT 1999

Hi Dan,
 I believe most of the GM stuff shuts off the injectors for
"coast down" conditions, but  they give a *blip* of max pulse
width, once in a while, just to supply some fuel to keep the
convertor lit.
 I was recording dragstrip runs with a diacom, and could not
figure out what was causing the injector pulse to spike from zero
 to 32ms(!) while coasting down at the end of the runs..
At 4000 rpm, that is something like 4 Revolutions of full
time injector spray.. I have a speed density 6cyl,
where all of the injectors fire together....
I have a graph of a run at the bottom of the page, at
 http://www.enzoco.com/mike/syclone/monitor.htm
It is a tall page, so scroll downward if you are interested..
HTH
Mike V