Oh Class, tap, tap, tap ECM'sa smokin

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jan 30 03:18:59 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Heflin <rah at horizon.hit.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, January 29, 1999 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: Oh Class, tap, tap, tap ECM'sa smokin

>> Diacom
>> Bruce
>> >How are you measuring injector opening time?  Change in current?
>> >Thanks for the info.
>> >Tom

>How are you measuring it with diacom?

One of the parameters displayed by diacom is pulse width.
I just twist the knobs around on the ecm bench till I see what I want to
see.  ie turn the idle speed down to 250 rpm, at 30K/Pa, and see
how short of pulse the ecm is generating.

  Are you lowering the opening
>time until they don't open anymore?

Yep.  If they stop clicking/vibrating they ain't working.
There has also been mention of injectors fring/burning up, from being
run dry.  After a hour of clicking away, they were still room temp, and
the resistance is the same, granted their calibration might be history,
but they still click for further bench work.
Bruce