Rising rate fuel pressure regulator

DC Smith dcsmith at gnttype.org
Sat Jan 30 13:15:41 GMT 1999

Mike Pitts wrote:

> Some of you may remember my recent post about my desire to
> build a rising rate pressure regulator to mount in the stock location.
> Carl Summers informed me that he already has such a device.

 Mike,
 WOW!
 Did that come off the space shuttle? :^) Nice Piece!!
 I don't know abbout mounting that on the fuel rail, though.
I saw a add on to a TTA at Bowling Green once, that was piped after the
stock regulator and had a huge diaphram on it. It just held back the
fuel pressure after the stock regulator,in the return line.
 That thing will need brackets to keep it from breaking the fuel rail
off.

> I just received one and all I can say is WOW!  What a nice piece
> of engineering work!  This is something I would expect to see on
> a Formula-1 racer.
>
> If you want to take a peek, I made up a little webpage with photo
> of Carl's regulator standing next to an OEM Bosch regulator.
>
> http://www.emi.net/~mpitts/reg.htm
>
> -Mike

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112 (so far)   GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at gnttype.org
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral