<all> home dyno kit??

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Sat Jan 30 20:23:07 GMT 1999

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Espen Hilde wrote:

> A sudden change in advance would indicate a increase in hp at that
> point......
> wouldnt it?
> Electromotive and many other systems uses a wheel with many thoths,it could
> give nice resolution for computing accleration, the home
> dyno should be incorporated in the log system,something for 332efi?
> put in some more advance at some points acclerate the car .the system
> creating a map of + and - hp of pevious runs?Automatic advance calibration
> together with egor and ion.....automatic calibrating efi isnt that what we
> all are dreaming of?
> just daydreaming again....
> Espen Hilde

I would appear to cause a increase for one or two firings.  I believe
the maker of the home dyno had to do some smoothing to get reasonable
data, and I don't think advancing the timing would have a major
affect over 3-4 firings, and certainly not over a few more firings wit
h some smoothing.  Getting there 10 degrees earlier should only be
about 10/720 increase in hp which a bit of smoothing would clear right
up.