More UEGO stuff

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sun Jan 31 22:13:36 GMT 1999

Oops...

Nope, not making light of Steve's work.  Having had my hands into a few
designs, I know that designing a simple circuit can be more difficult
than designing a complicated one.  The basic circuit for a UEGO sensor is
simple, but actually assigning values to the components can take a lot
more time.  Also, it takes some real thought to keep the parts count from
bloating as you make adjustments here and add features there.

I am especially curious about that calibration resister.  I could
probablly figure out how to hook it up so that the circuit will be
self-calibrating, but it would requre either some information that I
don't have, or a test with some good test equipment and several sensors
from different batches.

For my application, it doesn't matter much.  All I want is an output that
I can divide down to 0-1 V and feed into my Holley Pro-Jection ECM.  I'll
just start leaning it out at cruise until it's too lean, then enrich it
until I get it right.

I'll do something similar at WOT.  It's really cool that Holley allows
you to adjust the "set point" table.  That feature is useless with a HEGO
sensor, but will be very useful once I get my hands on a UEGO sensor.  I
wonder why Holley put that feature into their ECM.

Ray