Love This

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sun Jan 31 22:16:30 GMT 1999

>> >I know Toyota uses the system in the 1ZZ-FE and claims lower evap
>> >emissions as the reason, FWIW. Less vapor lock?

Keeping the fuel in the tank cooler keeps its vapor pressure down, and
helps reduce evap emissions. Yes, keeping the tank cooler also provides
more net positive suction head (NPSH) to an in line fuel pump, but it does
nothing to help with keeping fuel vapor out of the fuel rails during
hard/hot running or after a hot soak.

With no bypass fuel flow, this second problem WILL be worse.

Greg