HELP, I erased the flash in my PCM

Jennifer and Brock Fraser fraser at forbin.com
Wed Jul 7 23:04:44 GMT 1999

> Dave Hempstead wrote:
>
> > What do you experts do when they try to reflash a PCM, and you get a =
> > glitch, power failure, or some other error code.  I doubt that you throw
=
> > it away.  How do you recover the PCM???
>
> I'm not sure who you're thinking of when you say expert, but at the
> dealership level we would have to order a replacement pcm.  GM loves
> to warn against letting the pcm voltage drop while programming one.
> For a tech, you're part would be declared DOA.
> Shannen

You see how the computer kinda has a wedge shape to it?  Well, we used to
call PCM's such as yours "wheel chocks" or "door stops".  Don't mean to make
fun of your unfortunate situation, but what can I say...  better get out
your [de]soldering station.  BTW-  This problem cost a company I used to
work for a LOT of money until some problems were resolved... if that makes
you feel any better.

-Brock