A/F by volume

Mark Wilcutts markw at vehicle.me.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 8 17:59:11 GMT 1999

Totally depends on what temperature and pressure you are looking at. For
reference, density of air is 1.20 kg/m^3 at 20 deg.C and atmospheric
pressure. Stoichiometric mixture is 14.2-15.2 kg air per kg fuel,
depending on fuel composition. Density of gasoline is between 732 and 752
kg/m^3, depending on season and grade, at 60 deg. F. You can do the math
from there...