Saab 900T AMM (MAF) Swap

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 13 13:36:11 GMT 1999

At 05:00 AM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been off this list for some time, but have jumped back on now that
>I'm in the middle of a project that has some relevance.
>
>Specifically, I'm trying to replace the stock Bosch VAF meter in a Merkur
>XR4Ti (2.3L Ford Turbo) with the MAF (AMM in Saab verbiage) meter from a
>'86 Saab 900T (16v 2.0L Turbo).

Brad,
If I'm correct, the MAF from the SAAB is a vane air meter (a spring loaded
door that swings and turns a pot in relation to the volume of air coming
in.).  The adjustment is the spring tension on the door.  This air meter
isn't going to be any plug and play, as it will add a restriction to the
intake, more so than the stock MAF, and may be more of a bear to get
working than it's worth.
Why is it being swapped in the first place?
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!