DIY_EFI Digest V4 #411

A70Duster at aol.com A70Duster at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 15:18:03 GMT 1999

<< My initial thoughts were that I might get lucky and have a plug-n-play
 swap (with a little electrical work) since the intake consumptions are
 fairly close.  Even though the Saab MAF has an adjustment screw (What
 specifically does it adjust?), now I'm thinking this is still not likely
 since I'm hearing the output curves are different between a MAF and VAF. >>

The screw is for idle airflow signal output adjustment.  You attach a dwell
meter to a connector that goes to the SAAB fuel controller and adjust for a
50% dwell.

My 2¢

See ya,

Mike