Knocksensing with HIP9010/9011

Nils Björkman nisse at hisstema.se
Mon Jul 26 15:49:22 GMT 1999

Hi

I am designing my own ignition system right now and are planing to use
the Harries HIP9010 or HIP9011 knock sensor chip.

Does anyone know anything mor than the datasheet says????

How to decide what to choose 9010 or 9011 ?
Is the basic circuit in the datasheet enough ?
What parameters should I start with in the different registers ?
How to make tests and evaluation quickest and easiest ?

My engine is a Volvo B230F:
4 cylinder cast iron block with aloy head
Overhead camshaft
Displacement 2.3 liters
RPM range 600 to 6000 rpm
aprox power 150-160 hp
Fuel injection (214 ml/min injectors)
Knocksensor BOSH 0 261 237 006 mounted in top center of the engine block
(just below the head)

Does anyone have any suggestions pleas let me know via this list or
direct mail to:
nisse at hisstema.se

Best regards

Nils Björkman