DIY_EFI Digest V4 #435

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Wed Jul 28 03:37:52 GMT 1999

Connect to an injector and add up the "on time" to get fuel flow.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

> I owned a Dodge Omni, early '80s carb version, which had an aftermarket
trip computer installed.  It'd give you MPG, time to empty, miles & time to
destination, etc.  Info needed by it was wheel rpm, time & fuel flow.
Flowmeter on fuel line to carb gave it that info.

> Question:  are there any units available for FI engines, where a fuel
flowmeter wouldn't be of much use?  Could you get *any* sort of accuracy
calculating from rpm, bpw & throttle opening?  Maybe 2 flowmeters, one on
supply rail, one on return line, subtract out from in?