carb s/c and Haltech temp sensor

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Fri Jul 30 00:34:28 GMT 1999

> Have another favour to ask from a friean in the Fiat club.  Has anyone found a
> commercially available sensor that will replace the Haltech air temp sensor.
> This is the temp curve required:
>
> 100C -> 185 ohm
>
>This exactly matches the description of the GM MAT sensor and coolant
temp sensor in my 87 Fiero shop manual.

thanks to everyone that replied, it seems the match is a GM unit.  So far it
matches the 87 Fiero and 91 V6 syclone.

>    Just a mention.  Studebaker used blow through carbs on it's
>supercharged V8s in the 50s and 60s.  The trick they used was to
>builda pressure box around the whole carb, avoiding the problem of
>reduced fuel flow by pressurizing the bowl to boost pressure.  The metering
>can then be kept consistant.
>    They used a regular Carter AFB 4-bbl, no modifications other than the
>pressure box.
>
>    Bill

Again thanks to everyone that have replied (too many to answer back
individually), I can see I have a lot of work to do.

>I'm in the process of plumbing the fuel system for my Fiat FI conversion.  I
ran across a term in the
>archives I'm not familiar with concerning making steel fuel lines:  double
flare.  Can someone explain
>what a double flare is and how to do it?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Bill Shaw
Good to see someone else working on a Fiat.  Double flare is making the little
lump on the end of the fuel line.  A normal flare gives you a funnel shaped end,
a double flare brings the flared out part back in again to produce a little lump
(or ring) around the pipe.