1227749 Adaptation

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Tue Jun 1 12:47:31 GMT 1999

Hi Scott,

Keep us posted on your progress. I'm REAL interested in your project as I
may take a similar route with mine.  I may not be much with the 749 yet,
but I do know a bit about Spiders, so yell if you need help.

Do you intend to replace the air-impeding air-door AFM?  I'm told something
from a 2L Saab may be a suitable replacement. Can you get the AFM from the
car you got the 749 from?

Set up the ignition?  Are you swapping the GM distributor in also?  Does
the 749 require this swap? I think the 2L electronic distributor and module
should be fine.  The stock Fiat ignition module is a GM HE4.

I found this in the digest, I've been saving it for my conversion:

Check any GM A car for aftermarket cruise control. Generator (VSS) is
located in
the speedo cable splice in the center of the engine compartment along the
firewall. Many 80's A cars have it. Ciera, Century, Celebrity, 6000.

Bill Shaw
'78 FI Spider
(Will soon be) Fuel injected and stepping out over the line
http://www.connix.com/~bshaw/fiatefi.html