22RE wiring

Clare Snyder claresnyder at home.com
Tue Jun 1 13:13:59 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Willis <darkmonahue at awwwsome.com>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: 22RE wiring

> At 11:09 PM 5/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >I am new to the world of FI and am totally mesmerized by the endless
> >possibilities...
> >I am swapping a complete 94 22RE for my worn out 22R..
> >I am needing information on the wiring...
> >Any and ALL information and links would be greatly appreciated
> >
> >thanks msapp at ufl.edu
> >

> Grab all that stock 22RE wiring loom you can.  I think (Helene, can you
> confirm this?) that Toyota L-jet, if a '94 is still L-jet, is pretty much
> self-contained...if so, I reckon you could plug it all in without too much
> trouble, just hooking it into the vehicle harness for power and ground...

The Toyota vehicles, particularly the Hilux, had a "universal" wiring
harness - the standard truck got the 22r, the SR5 got the 22RE, and there
was also a deisel and turbo diesel option. Chassis wiring was basically the
same throughout. Get the entire engine harness, right back through the
firewall, and EVERY part connected to it. The engine compartment fuse/relay
panel is modified with the efi system, so grab it too. From memory - was
Toyota service tech and service manager 'till about 10 years ago.